Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week 3

Hello Friends!

This morning I weighed in: 8 pounds down total since day one, which is great since we are 3/4 of the way there! At this point, several of you have told me that tho you have followed a similar eating plan...you arent seeing results! Here are my thoughts:

1. Are you honestly exercising every time at your very best effort?
2. Are your portion controls really accurate? (Maybe take a day and measure with a food scale to see how you measure up, you can buy them under $15 at Walmart)
3. Are you getting enough water and sleep? These are the two biggest weight loss busters ever, and also the easiest things to solve!

I have had a lot of questions recently about different cleanses/ eating styles, and as much as I really want to show an example of sticking to one plan to lose 10 pounds, I want to take the rest of this month to show you a few alternatives. So, if you like the plan, you have 2 weeks recorded of how to do it. If not, this last week and next will be some variety of strategy. :)

So, last week, I did a partial cleanse. I'd like to point out:
1. This is part of a lifestyle, but by no means should you follow it all the time. Most people in favor of cleanses say to only do one every 4-6 months.
2. Do this at your own risk. Cleanses put stress on your body, if you have any health problems, they may not be for you, check with your doctor!

On to the plan:
Monday and Tuesday: All the fruits and vegetables you can eat, no animal products(dairy, meat). Grains and potatos allowed, just skip the cheese and butter!
Wednesday and Thursday: Vegetable soups, smooothies, no grains, no animal products. Preferably, break down thee fruits and veggies to help with digestion. Make sure to keep a fat source, such as olive oil/avacado.
Friday and Saturday: Start introducing grains and whole veggies/fruits back in
Sunday: Introduce small amounts of yogurt/ animal product back in, more grains.

Watch your energy! Cleanses are notorious for draining your energy, so do this over a period of time where you aren't planning on exercising as much. Take naps if you need to, especially wed/thurs! I took zeal the entire time, and that really helped me keep up with my nutrients I normally get, as well as a little added energy :)

This worked really well, I ended the cleanse  feeling like I wanted to eat fruits and veggies more, and have even felt more energy since doing the cleanse.


No comments:

Post a Comment